Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. This Game May Not Be Used To Conduct, Advertise Or Promote Any Form Of Gambling.
1. Eligibility: The 2014 TNF Challenge Fantasy Game presented by Lexus® (hereafter, “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of registration. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of NFL Enterprises LLC (hereafter, “Sponsor”), the NFL Parties (defined as NFL Properties LLC, the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Productions LLC and each of their respective affiliates, owners, subsidiaries, shareholders, officers, directors, partners, agents, representatives and employees, both individually and collectively), Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (hereafter collectively, “Released Parties”) and each such individual’s immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. Registration Period: Registration for the Promotion begins at 3:00:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on 8/6/14 and ends at kickoff (approximately 8:25 pm ET) of the last 2014 NFL regular season Thursday Night Football (“TNF”) game scheduled to take place on 12/18/14.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion Period begins at kickoff (approximately 8:25 p.m. ET) of the first 2014 NFL regular season TNF game scheduled to take place on 9/11/14 and ends at the completion of the last 2014 NFL regular season TNF game (approximately 11:59:59 p.m. ET) scheduled to take place on 12/18/14. Exact dates are subject to change dependent upon the NFL schedule (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion and participation in the Promotion are subject to these Official Rules. The Promotion Period will be divided into fourteen (14) weekly periods (each, a “Weekly Scoring Period”) during which fantasy points will be accumulated. The Weekly Scoring Periods are as follows:
|Weekly Scoring Period||Weekly Scoring Period Starts at Kickoff on the First Game at:||Weekly Scoring Period Ends at the Completion of the Last Game Played at:||TNF Game|
|1||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 9/11/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 9/11/14||NFL Week 2 (9/11/14 game)|
|2||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 9/18/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 9/18/14||NFL Week 3 (9/18/14 game)|
|3||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 9/25/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 9/25/14||NFL Week 4 (9/25/14 game)|
|4||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 10/02/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/02/14||NFL Week 5 (10/02/14 game)|
|5||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 10/09/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/09/14||NFL Week 6 (10/09/14 game)|
|6||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 10/16/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/16/14||NFL Week 7 (10/16/14 game)|
|7||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 10/23/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/23/14||NFL Week 8 (10/23/14 game)|
|8||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 10/30/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/30/14||NFL Week 9 (10/30/14 game)|
|9||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 11/06/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 11/06/14||NFL Week 10 (11/06/14 game)|
|10||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 11/13/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 11/13/14||NFL Week 11 (11/13/14 game)|
|11||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 11/20/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 11/20/14||NFL Week 12 (11/20/14 game)|
|12||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 12/04/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/04/14||NFL Week 14 (12/04/14 game)|
|13||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 12/11/14||Approximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/11/14||NFL Week 15 (12/11/14 game)|
|14||Approximately 8:25:00 pm ET on 12/18/14||Apporximately 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/18/14||NFL Week 16 (12/18/14 game)|
All registrations/entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. To Participate: a) Become a Registered Participant of the Promotion: Visit nfl.com/fantasy during the Registration Period and complete and submit the Promotion registration form to obtain a User ID and Password from NFL.com. Registration is free. Once you are a registered participant of the Promotion, you may access the Promotion’s Game Page at any time during the Registration and Promotion Period by visiting nfl.com/fantasy and submitting your User ID and Password. Limit one (1) registration per participant and per email address for the duration of the Registration Period. Additional registrations received from any such participant or email address thereafter will be void. The use of script, macro or any other device to automate or subvert the registration process is prohibited and all such registrations will be void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an participant based on the email address submitted at the time of registration, registration will be deemed from the person named on the applicable registration form (regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said registration form was submitted), provided such individual is eligible according to these Official Rules.
b) Pick Your Players: The object of the Promotion is to accrue the highest number of fantasy points by the conclusion of the Promotion Period. There are two (2) ways to accrue fantasy points during the Registration Period: 1) Pick the NFL players who you think will perform best in the TNF games scheduled to take place during each Weekly Scoring Period. For each of the fourteen (14) Weekly Scoring Periods (as defined above), you may pick a total of four (4) players per Weekly Scoring Period: one (1) quarterback (QB), one (1) running back (RB), one (1) wide receiver (WR) or tight end (TE), and one (1) kicker (K) from the player roster provided on the Promotion Game Page. You may select a particular player only once during the Promotion Period; and 2) Pick the NFL team who you think will win each of the fourteen (14) TNF games and what each game’s final score will be (hereafter combined, your “Prediction”). The Predictions you submit and the players you select for each Weekly Scoring Period will accumulate fantasy points based on the Scoring System below.
To Participate: Do all of the following during the Registration Period: 1) visit the Promotion Game Page (as directed above), which will feature a player roster, and follow the instructions provided to select and submit your Prediction and your players for each Weekly Scoring Period by the deadline outlined in section 4.c below. If your pick(s)/Prediction are submitted by the relevant deadline outlined, this selection will be your active player(s) and your active Prediction for the applicable Weekly Scoring Period; then 2) answer the following tiebreaker question surrounding each applicable Weekly Scoring Period’s TNF game: How many total points will be scored in the fourth quarter?
Notes: 1) If you wish, you may submit multiple (or all) Weekly Scoring Period Predictions/players at the same time as long as they are submitted in advance of the applicable Weekly Scoring Period deadlines; 2) For NFL players who play more than one position, NFL.com will determine position eligibility. If you select a player for one position but then such player plays another eligible position for that applicable game (e.g. a running back plays wide receiver), his statistics at the new position will count towards your fantasy point total but he will still take up the positional slot of his initial position.
c) Player Selection, Prediction and Tie-Breaker Question Deadline: The deadline for choosing or modifying your player/position selection and submitting your Prediction and answer to the tie-breaker question for each Weekly Scoring Period is prior to kickoff of the applicable TNF game, as determined by Sponsor. Therefore, you may revise your selections/Prediction/answer for each Weekly Scoring Period throughout the Registration Period; however, you may not select players, make a Prediction or answer a tie-breaker question for a TNF game that is already in progress or has been completed.
Your last player selection/Prediction that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your fantasy points. Fantasy points will not be awarded if 1.) a player selection and/or Prediction is not made by the applicable deadline, 2.) the selected NFL player(s) does not play in the game for any reason, 3.) the selected NFL player does not perform any of the actions listed below to generate any points in a game, 4.) a game is cancelled for any reason, or 5.) a game is postponed or rescheduled, for any reason, to take place during a subsequent Weekly Scoring Period.
All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible.
5. Scoring System: During each Weekly Scoring Period throughout the Promotion Period, you will earn fantasy points based on your Prediction of each TNF game’s winner, final TNF game score and the statistics accumulated by the NFL players that you have chosen for each applicable Weekly Scoring Period using the following scoring system:
|Predictions Fantasy Points:|
|For each correctly identified TNF game winner:||25 fantasy points|
|Home Team Total Points:|
|Pick correct point total for home team||15 fantasy points|
|Off by 1-4 points for home team||10 fantasy points|
|Off by 5-8 points for home team||5 fantasy points|
|Off by 9-13 points for home team||1 fantasy points|
|Off by 14+ points for home team||0 fantasy points|
|Away Team Total Points:|
|Pick correct point total for away team||15 fantasy points|
|Off by 1-4 points for away team||10 fantasy points|
|Off by 5-8 points for away team||5 fantasy points|
|Off by 9-13 points for away team||1 fantasy points|
|Off by 14+ points for away team||0 fantasy points|
|Offense Statistics (QB, RB, WR, TE, K):||Fantasy Points|
|Rushing or Receiving Touchdown:||6 fantasy points|
|Fumble Recovery Touchdown:||6 fantasy points|
|Passing Touchdown:||4 fantasy points|
|Field Goal Made 0-49 yards:||3 fantasy points|
|Field Goal Made 50+ yards:||5 fantasy points|
|Passing, Rushing or Receiving Two-Point Conversion:||2 fantasy points|
|Rushing or Receiving:||1 fantasy point per 10 yards|
|Passing:||1 fantasy point per 25 yards|
|Extra Point:||1 fantasy point|
|Fumble Lost:||-2 fantasy point|
|Interception:||-2 fantasy point|
- Fractional Scoring: Fractional scoring will be used to calculate each individual player’s weekly score. For example, a RB who rushes for 106 yards and 1 rushing TD will earn 16.6 points (10.6 for rushing yards, 6.0 for the rushing TD).
- Negative Scoring: Note that it is possible for a player to earn negative points in a single week. Some scoring categories result in negative points and if positive scoring does not offset these earned points by a player, they will end the week with negative points. For offensive players, these categories are interceptions and fumbles lost.
- Offensive Scoring (QB, RB, WR, TE, K): Individual offensive players (those players started at either QB, RB, WR or TE or K) will earn points for all “Offense Statistic” scoring categories. For example, if a QB throws for 210 net yards and 2 TDs, rushes for 25 yards and 1 TD, and has 18 yards receiving, his total for the week will be 26.7 points (2 passing TDs = 8 points, 1 rushing TD = 6 points, 210 yards passing = 8.4 points, 25 yards rushing = 2.5 points, 18 yards receiving = 1.8 points).
- Fumbles Lost: Note that individual offensive players can earn the Fumble Lost statistic while participating on special teams. For example, if you select Reggie Bush as a RB and he loses a fumble on a punt return, he would earn -2 points for that statistic for the week.
- Kicking Scoring: Kicking statistics (Field Goal, Extra Point) can be scored by any individual offensive player, notably your Kicker (K).
6. Winner Selection: Although it is not necessary to select players or submit a Prediction for each Weekly Scoring Period to participate in the Promotion, it is strongly encouraged since the participants who accumulate the most and the second most fantasy points over the course of all fourteen (14) Weekly Scoring Periods combined will win the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules).
Grand Prize: The one (1) participant who accumulates the highest total number of fantasy points at the conclusion of the Promotion Period (hereafter “Total Fantasy Points”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner.
In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the tied participant who most closely answered the tie-breaker question specific to Weekly Scoring Period 1 will be determined the applicable prize winner. If a tie still exists, the tie will be broken in this same fashion starting with Weekly Scoring Period 2 through Weekly Scoring Period 14 if necessary. If a tie still exists, the tied participant who has accumulated the highest number of fantasy points, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in the order of the following roster slots during Weekly Scoring Period 14 will be determined the applicable prize winner: QB, RB, WR or TE and K. If a tie still exists, the tie will be broken in this same fashion starting with the next most recent Weekly Scoring Period, Weekly Scoring Period 13, through Weekly Scoring Period 1 if necessary.
Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The tabulation of points and identification of the potential winner will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on these and all other matters relating to the Promotion. In the event that any TNF game is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason during the Promotion Period, prize will be awarded based on points accumulated and tie-breakers (if applicable) for those games that occur as scheduled. By participating, participants agree to abide by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects.
7. Winner Notification: The potential winner will be contacted on or about 12/29/14 at the email address provided on the registration form and will be required to respond to such email within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her.
Additionally, potential winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within three (3) of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with the foregoing, with these Official Rules, Sponsor’s inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, potential winner’s failure to respond within three (3) days of date of Sponsor’s initial contact or return of prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarding of the prize to the next runner-up.
8. Prize: (1) Grand Prize: A three (3) day/two (2) night trip for winner and one (1) guest to a destination determined by Sponsor (in its sole discretion) to attend a 2015 NFL regular season TNF game. Trip includes round trip coach air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence in the U.S. to destination city, one (1) standard double occupancy hotel accommodation (one (1) room) for two (2) nights, two (2) tickets to the game, and round trip ground transportation to and from the game. Exact game and seat locations at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") = $4,500.Actual value may vary based upon location of winner’s residence, and location of game selected. If winner resides within a 150-mile radius of destination, ground transportation or other form of transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in prize value. Trip must be taken on dates designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to the runner up. Travel and accommodation restrictions and other restrictions may apply. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel. All travel arrangements must be made through travel agent of Sponsor’s selection on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Released Parties are not responsible for travel delays or cancellations. In the event the game is postponed, trip will be rescheduled. In the event the game is postponed and not rescheduled, no compensation or substitution for such portion of the prize will be provided; however, the remainder of prize package (minus tickets to the game) will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of the prize and removal from game. Released Parties reserve the right to remove or to deny attendance to winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game or any event. The tickets are subject to the terms and conditions thereon. Unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or applied towards tickets for any subsequent years. If unused, game tickets cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets.
Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, food, luggage fees, additional transportation, beverages, tips, gratuities and miscellaneous travel expenses are winner’s sole responsibility. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prize (or portion thereof) is permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value as determined by Sponsor.
9. Miscellaneous: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, delayed, undelivered or misdirected registrations, User ID’s, submissions, fantasy points, NFL player selections, Predictions, tie-breaker answers and submissions or emails; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submissions or registrations; failures or malfunctions of connections, cable, fiber-optics, network, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; errors in these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; the selection or announcement of a potential winner or the distribution of a prize; the cancellation, suspension or postponement of any NFL game or any other game or event, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring or point tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise. By entering, each participant agrees that 1) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law) participant’s name, city and state of residence, fantasy point totals, player selections, Predictions, tie-breaker answers, photograph, any recording (film, video, voice) and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification; and 2) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by participant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to participant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to participant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto or participation in this Promotion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1) disqualify any person (and void his/her fantasy points) who tampers with the registration or submission process, the operation of the Promotion’s Game Page, or any other component of this Promotion, who acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules; and 2) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion (or any portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, award the prize to the highest scoring eligible non-suspect participant (as determined by Sponsor) as of the date of the event requiring such termination. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
12. Winner's Name: For the name of the winner (available after 1/26/15), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 1/26/15 to: 2014 TNF Challenge Fantasy Game presented by Lexus® Winner, C/O National Football League – Digital Media, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154.
Sponsor: NFL Enterprises LLC, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154